The "New Classic Yacht"
At Pocket Change prices!
A Classic Yacht was a 1940 Trumpy, Annapolis, a Cris Craft runabout with a rumble seat! Not Any more. Why? Things have changed. Baby Boomer are 60 - 75 years old .Millenials were born a long time after 1940!
The new " Classic Motor Yacht" is the stuff of Raw Power, Blood and Guts like the " Muscle Car" of the era. People like Richard Petty ( won most races) ,Mario Andretti, and AJ Foyt, swung the wrenches, put the hammer down and created history!
In the yacht world the "Muscle Boat" was yachts like "OCTOPUSSY" , The King of Spain " Fortuna" and this ready to retro refit 116 ft "AMG"
These are the "New Classic Yachts" . With Twin MTU and KaMeWa jets and 25 ft beam , she is as tough and sexy as they get. Heck her engine room must be 40 feet.
Rolls Royce in their original articles stated " Jets are more efficient, 40% quieter, and smoother than conventional props. The owner of AMG was planning to refit ( he did paint and extend the hull) and unfortunately just didn't have time to finish! So "AMG" is ready for you to buy at a song ! Refit top to bottom just like and old classic muscle car and "rock the docks " with a new hot interior, a new very exciting paint graphics. She'll empty and Olympic size swimming pool in a few seconds with a Rooster tail shooting out the transom 10 feet high!
The actor , Steve McQueen " The King Of Cool" would be proud! Your friends and Charter guests will say " Oh and AH" and smile all day " telling their friend for years. HAVE SOME LOOSE POCKET CHANGE? " AS IS WHERE IS , 1st closets offer to $285,000 wins.
This is not a sunday boaters yacht. You'll have to have know how to do the refit or hire it! Built in Ft. lauderdale so all the help is here!
No reason to wait longer! The price can't be any better.
- 4 staterooms in owners group + 5-6 crew
- KaMeWa jet drives - rebuilt at the factor and updated Nov 2017. No Props ,great for rivers and shallower water.
- Big strong world-class MTU 396's
- Huge 25 ft wide Salon ready for a massive "Time to rock out and party "
Owner will trade for appraised, functional South Fla. Real Estate or 15,000 sq /ft warehouse in Miami . A mans- man yacht! And Millenials with nerve welcome! They cant build them like this anymore!
Entering from the swim platform up to the aft deck (stairs port and starboard side). The aft deck has a dinette table, teak decks (need replacing) the bar needs replacing.
Through a sliding door, the salon is the most valuable feature of this yacht. With her 25 foot beam she beats most of the competition in this category. Especially newer lighter weight, narrower, high style yachts
Forward is a day head.
Next is the country kitchen/dining area/galley and down forward three steps are 3 staterooms.
In the bow stateroom is a built-in queen bed. Going aft are two guest staterooms each with his own head and a locker area etc.
Up to the helm area are the new Garmin screens as indicated below in the details as well as KaMeWa jet controls etc.
Up to the flying bridge (needs painting, canvas and updating). There is no tender at this time.
Back to the salon and down the steps amid ship is the owner's fill beam cabin with king-size bed and plenty of storage.
- Microwave Oven
- Double sink
All needs updating
- Shore power inlet
- (2) Generators Mercedes Benz OM 352A 55 Kw (1 needs replacing)
- Teak aft deck (needs replacing)
- Davit (needs replacing)
- Swimming ladder
- Cockpit shower
- Aft deck table (needs refinishing)
Refit Work 2011
- Complete Awlgrip painted (value $110,000)
- Extended swim platform with teak and euro style (upgrade value $275,000)
- Twin MTU's 16V369-TB93 with Port 3400hours and Stbd 3400 hours. Complete service by MTU rep.
- KaMeWa Jet propulsion complete serviced by Rolls Royce rep. (Service and parts value $120,000)
- Navigation center first helm and second helm complete upgrade in 2012 ($95,000)
- Includes Garmin 4 screens, KVH Sat phone and antenna ( not in service) new engine room cameras, battery charger New fans in engine room
- Bottom sandblasted and painted including jets ( $40,000)
What is Needed
Between 2009 and 2014 "AMG" received a major refit at Lauderdale Marine Center.
- The salon is bigger than most all competition. Design the layout and interior of your dreams .
- Wooden floor in the corridor and in the galley needs to be replaced
- New washer and dryer needed
- Starboard side generator needs work
- Port generator needs replacing
- The cockpit teak needs to be replaced
- Air conditioning needs updating
- Complete new interior
- All hydraulics need service
- Davit on fly bridge needs updating
- Satellite antenna Trac Vision M7 KIVIH (not in service)
- Satellite antenna Tracphone V7 KIVIH (not in service)
- Night Vision FLIR with Majestic Monitor (not in service)
- (2) Garmin GPS-Map 5215 in the Pilothouse
- 1 screen Garmin GPS-Map 5215 in the Flybridge
- IRIS Surveillence with 4 video cameras (two in engine-room and two in the stern)
- 2 Tridata Garmin GMI 10 in Pilot House
- 1 Tridata Garmin GMI 10 in Flybridge
- Autopilot in the Pilot House
- Autopilot in the Flybridge
- 2 units ICOM VHF Marine IC-M604 in Pilot House
- 1 unit ICOM VHF Marine IC-M604 in Pilot House
- VHF marine ICEM 6604 radio
- Flybridge compass
- Radar (needs service)
- Garmin GMI model 10 in pilothouse and one on flybridge
- Bow thruster
- 7 electrical heads
- One hot
water heater (not in service)
- Freshwater maker (needs service)
- Battery charger service
electrical 110 to 220 single phase power with inverter generator
- Hot water
- Sea water pump
AMG represents one of the first "high tech" Jet Yachts built and has a proven record. This particular yacht was purchased with the intention of doing a major refit to put into the charter business in areas with shallow water. Unfortunately circumstances did not allow the owner to finish the project and she represents an outstanding value today
She will need complete updating throughout. Some of the yacht details will be noted below if you're looking for a true highly engineered yacht and would like to complete your own special and unique project.
AMG would be ideal for fast Island cruising, an island ferry or shallow river ferry imported to Thailand or Singapore.
She has four staterooms, a huge salon, country kitchen with dining table, MTU 16 396 diesels giving a 28 knot cruise. The MTU's were serviced and water jets were also serviced in 2012. She was also painted and the exteriors were also partially painted. She will need new decks, new interior, complete painting including bottom paint, one new generator, new crew's quarters, updated galley equipment, updated electronic (some of the electronics were updated). When finished you can buy a yacht as fast but likely not as roomy and not with as much high tech equipment as on AMG.
Don't be shy, we are ready to sell to the best "as is where is offer".
If you like the size efficiency and cost-effectiveness of building your own Super Yacht or you're tired of buying a lighter modern yacht, we urge you to come make a bid on the AMG. We anticipate a 6 to 8 months refit time ... if you have the skill and ability to carefully orchestrate your own refit you might do even better. The owner wants the boat sold to the best "as is" bid we can find in the next few months.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot
guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the
condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his
surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated.
This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or
withdrawal without notice.