The Hinckley Company started in 1928 as the Manset Boatyard in Southwest Harbor, Maine. Henry R. Hinckley’s focus was on servicing the local lobster boats as well as the yachts of summer residents on Mt. Desert Island. In 1933 Henry built his first boat, Ruthyeolyn, a 36-foot fisherman with beautiful lines that are surprisingly familiar and still look the part even today. That first boat was fished hard for 9 months of the year and then varnished up and chartered in the summer months to vacationers. From the very beginning, the yachts from the Hinckley yard were kept to the highest standards.